Tuesday, January 3, 2012

The End of 2011

2011 has been a pretty good year, as years go. Apparently I only update this blog once a year, so I hope that it's enjoyed! :D
Logan has been an interesting child to raise...very difficult but very rewarding.
Logan is growing up SO fast! It's hard to believe he's going to be six years old this year! Where has the time gone?
Logan started Kindergarten this year at Mesquite Elementary. His teacher is Mrs. Sears.
He enjoys school and loves his teacher. His first day there he hid under the table....I was kinda worried, but he came out on top. :)
As boys go, Logan is ALL boy. Ok he has some little girly things he likes, but who doesn't?
He's got an interesting developing sense of humor. I'm wondering what it's going to be like when he gets it down pat.
He can be the sweetest boy on the earth one day - helping, doing what he's asked, doing things BEFORE it's asked, and generally being in a good temperament.
Then there are those mood swing days where you wonder where he came from. He can be a pain that is difficult to deal with, but he's cute so it's harder to get mad at him for long.
Some days he has his "I love mommy" days, some days he doesn't want to have anything to do with me.
One thing he loves to do is help me with the cat adoption clinic. He loves to go in and help the kitties and pet them and play with them and give them love.
He has a general feeling of love for animals, and I'm hoping to help develop that. Anything that's hurt he wants to help.
I've also been trying to teach him about Jesus and about where we go after this life. It's sweet to see his complete belief that Jesus takes care of those who die.
I also love the fact that he has complete trust that he will see all those who died (including Timmy the cat, and his brother that died) and that we will all be happy and perfect.
I'm hoping he keeps that faith and trust. It will help him SO much throughout his life. I think the stronger his belief is, the better able he will be to deal with things like death.
I'm still trying to get him to say prayers, and in Primary he still needs work on actually going up front and doing his assignment.
But he's coming along well. I'm proud of him and hope that he continues growing and progressing the way that he is.

As I said, it's been a good year and hopefully 2012 is good to all of us! Love you!






2 comments:

Ross, Amanda, and Sons said...

I couldn't figure out how to follow your blog, but I've bookmarked it! Super cute pictures of you and your son! He is so handsome and you are so beautiful!

Kristi said...

That's a lot of great pictures! Logan is very cute! I think he's a great kid.